Thursday, December 8, 2016

Quintana Beach to Lake Charles

Left Quintana at 10:00 Wednesday morning and arrived in Lake Charles at 3:00 Wednesday afternoon.  Stopped midway for a lunch break.  It was a long day of driving but I really want to get home soon.  One more night and I'll be back in my bed.  Looking forward to a tub bath and a glass of wine in front of the fireplace.

I thought I had set my GPS settings for the quickest way home but it was set for the shortest way home.  It took me into the Houston area and Baytown and down some pretty bad roads that had traffic backed up due to road repair.  So it added 30 minutes to my travel time.  I have now reset the GPS and I'm back on track.

Here at Sam Houston Jones State Park it is really quiet.  Not many campers today.  I've seen lots of deer and almost hit one coming into the park.  Had to slam on my brakes to miss a group of about 5 in the road around a curve.  Later another group came up to my campsite.  They are so pretty.  Wish I could pet one.



Really tired and going to bed early after one last walk with the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment