Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Magnolia Beach to Port Aransas, Texas


The Office.

Today's drive was nice and short.  No problems. Left Magnolia Beach at 11:00 this morning and arrived at I.B. Magee Beach Park at 2:00 this afternoon.  Boy... things have changed.  Can't park where I used to.  They have sectioned off a small portion of their huge beach for vehicles - the rest is for day use.  The beach has suffered as well.  Not as nice as before.  I stopped and asked a fellow who was sitting outside of his Class A near the roadway, how high the tide was last night.  He said it covered most of the beach and that's why he was parked near the road.

I went to the office and got a permit and said I would just be one night.  The very nice worker gave me the pass and said "No Charge" just to come back tomorrow to check in to the RV park.  I've decided to park on the beach during the day and stay in the park at night for electric.  The forecast is giving rain for the next 4 days so I'll be better off there.

Riding on the ferry.


Glad to be in one place for awhile.  Can't wait to use their bath house.  Gonna cook me some supper now.  Having Ribeye and baked potato.   Then to bed.

Nighty night.  

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean the beaches are forever changing even over here on the east coast of Florida I'm glad you found some place to land for a while excited to hear what you all are doing and what fun you are having you and your puppies... Pheebe and I are going to Silver Springs this weekend for about 4 or 5 days can't wait...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dogs are having a blast. We went running on the beach this morning at sunrise. It was magical. Will be posting photos soon.

      Delete