Monday, November 28, 2016

Lake Charles to Surfside Beach, Texas - what a long day of driving this was.



Left Lake Charles at 9:30 this morning and arrived at Surfside Beach at 2:30 this afternoon.  Five hours of driving in rain and gusty winds of 20 miles per hour.  It was a struggle to keep the RV in my lane and several times I did veer off to my right into the next lane.   It was white knuckle driving all day.  The rain got so bad I had to pull off into a gas station for a while as I couldn't see the road in front of me.  So glad to be parked and safe.

I didn't have reservations for this campground but took a chance and pulled up to the office and noticed that there was one empty spot.  Manager said to go ahead and park and he would be by later to check me in.  I took the dogs to the beach and let them get into the water.  They had a blast.  I had to give them a shower when we got back to the RV and now they are sleeping next to me - very happy little campers.



It was really windy.



Handy little clothes drying rod.

I'm so tired that I'm not even hungry for supper and that NEVER happens.

Nighty night...

Oh... I forgot to mention that Cha Bu has had diarrhea all day and had an accident on her bed and on the rug by my bed.  Poor little thing.  I've been giving her Pepto and sure hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment