Thursday, July 16, 2015

FONTAINEBLEAU STATE PARK - 2015 - CAMPING IN JULY - WHAT WAS I THINKING

Broke camp this morning and dumped tanks.  I have a reservation for 3 days at a park about 30 minutes from where I am.  Called ahead to the park to ask if I  could check in a couple of hours earlier than is required.  Very friendly staff said sure, not a problem, come on over.  Got to the park around noon.

I like my site as I knew I would.  It's one of those half-moon pull through sites.  Had checked it out the last time I was here.  However, that was in the winter and I did not have shade in mind at the time.  When I got here there was some shade on my pull through, however, as the sun moved across the sky that all changed.

 
Lots of shade around the picnic table.  My awning did help some.
 
Looks nice but can't enjoy it with the high temps.

Over 100 degrees in the shade. 


Why can't we go outside Momi?
 
Around 4:00 I started to get shade on the other side of the RV.  You would think that with all the trees around there would be lots of shade.

At 6:00 it finally happened.  Now isn't this nice? 

I guess I'm pretty lucky cause look at my neighbors.  Poor things... still no shade for them.

My little babies were so glad to be able to sit outside for a while.

Took my bike and went for a ride to the beach and look what I saw along the way.

This was a baby.

 
 
Ahhhh, finally.
 
It's not the ocean but it's a beach and it will do for now.  Lake Pontchartrain. 
 
There were some people on the pier so I didn't get to go out over the water.  Maybe in the morning.
 
This sure felt good.
 
It appears that I will have a nice shady spot until noon and then shade again at 6:00.  We would just have to stay indoors for 6 hours.  That's not so bad.  Yeah right.   
 
Camping in July... what was I thinking?
 
I'll probably go home tomorrow and not worry about the 2 reserved days I have left. 
 
I really like this park and will plan to return this winter.  The bike trails are great. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment