Monday, July 13, 2015

FAIRVIEW RIVERSIDE STATE PARK - MADISONVILLE, LA - THIRD TIME HERE

I wanted to go camping and thought that if I stayed away from the beach and went to the woods that I could handle the July heat.  WRONG!

This is my third time at this park and I was lucky to get my favorite spot number 76.  Well, I should say my favorite spot for winter travel.  I have no shade but I can see the river.  Opened my awning but it gives no shade as the sun is shining on the side and casting shade behind the RV.

I walked around and found a few spots with full shade so tomorrow I'll ask if I can move to spot number 78.  Numbers 80 and 82 are also in the shade.

I have had the A/C on since 4:00 and now it's 6:00 and the temp is just getting to 80 degrees.  I placed my windshield covers on, placed a cover on my roof fan, and closed the curtains but it's still hot in here.  Lesson learned... don't go camping in the summer.

 
Nice spot for cooler weather.
 

 Cha Bu trying to get into the river.
 
Taken from the river.  Right near the bath house - around 5:00.
 
 Shade at last - around 7:30.

Lots of shade on the boardwalk.

The doggies were so happy to be out and about.

There were many boats on the river today.  Some cruising and some enjoying water skiing.
Nice... my style.
Party boat.

Sundown on the Tchefuncte River.
 
 As I finish this post at 9:00 tonight, the RV is finally down to 70 degrees.  Just the way I like it.

Time for a movie and some popcorn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment