Sunday, January 19, 2014

ADDING A SECOND SHOWER CURTAIN AND A TOUCH OF LACE IN WINDOW CURTAINS

It took me awhile to figure out how to add a second shower curtain to protect the side wall of the bathroom but I did it.  VELCRO rules!!

Not sure how folks who own camper vans shower in this set up as there is no protection on the side wall of the RV.  I used Velcro to adhere a second curtain which runs all the way to meet the other curtain. 

Then I rolled it up and used a tie back to hold it in place.

You can see here how it is taped along the side and back wall.  I used some white ribbon to tie both curtains back out of the way.

I found some really pretty material on sale and made 4 curtains for $15.00.  I can see out but no one can see in.

How it looks when it is down.

How it looks when it is tied up.

I even made one for the entry door.

Rolled up and tied back.

I made a small cover for the metal blinds in the kitchen with a different material.

Here is a night photo where we have the blue privacy curtains drawn and the lace curtains pulled up and tied.  I like having a touch of lace in the decor. 


Look who hitched a ride with us this week.  He traveled all the way from China and it took a 30 day boat ride to get to the US.  Now he will be traveling with us on our camping trips.  His name is Jacques and he likes the dash. 

That's all the decorating I'm going to do.  I'm waiting for the weather to be consistent for a week with no rain then I'm heading to the beach.


6 comments:

  1. Nice touches to your new home! You remind me of when I was little and I used to 'play house' - this is what it looks like you've been doing w/ the new van. Can't wait to see where you head to and enjoy your travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lacy...It is like a little play house and I'm enjoying every minute of decorating it. We'll be heading to the beach next week. Can't wait.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Melissa... Thanks for the compliment. Going to Grand Isle next week.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Donna... It is very cozy. Wish I would have gotten it sooner. It's just perfect for me.

      Delete