Friday, July 22, 2016

LAKE END PARK IN MORGAN CITY - SECOND TIME HERE

Loaded up the dogs into the RV with some snacks and drinks and picked up my neighbor Carolyn and her dog Prince and off we went to the park.  It was only for the afternoon but that was enough as it was very hot.

Only a few people on the beach.

We found a place to park the RV in the shade and went for a walk with the dogs in tow.  When I was here last, I did not notice the "No Pets On Beach" sign... but it is posted and we did not take the dogs on the sandy part.  We stayed on the grass right near the beach and enjoyed taking photos of our dogs and the area.

Prince's first time near any beach or body of water.

I think he really wanted to go to the water.

My little girls are hot and thirsty.

After a while it was time for some refreshments.  There is a nice little snack shop right near the beach.  I got some chili fritos and a coconut snowball and Carolyn got a chocolate/coconut one.  Back to the RV where the generator was keeping A/C going and the camper cool.  We all enjoyed our snacks.

We rode around the campground that had about 15 campers as it is a weekday.   There were about 20 or so boats in the marina.



 Although I had already found a favorite spot the last time I was here, I wanted to find a spot with shade and a view of the lake.  Site number 9 is the perfect spot.

#9 spot is a corner site.  Taken facing the lake.  Nice and roomy.

Taken from the road entrance.  Nice big site with 3 shade trees.
  
Looking forward to cooler weather in October and November when I can come back and stay for a week or so.



No comments:

Post a Comment